The ingredients are:
- a blood sausage called relleno (which is hard to find here in Lima, but Sonia knows a lady from Chincha who brings it to a market near my apartment once a week). It´s wrapped in a real intestine like old fashioned sausages, and sometimes contains rice.
- a hot pepper called aji amarillo which is used in just about every Peruvian dish that is spicy
- an onion (Peruvians prefer red ones for almost everything)
- a couple cloves of garlic (essential for almost any Peruvian food -- even for plain white rice that you´re serving as a side dish)
- a bunch of spearmint leaves (also very common in Peruvian cooking)